Helicopter Tour Highlights
- View lava flows
- Tropical rain forests
- Cascading waterfalls
Ground Tour Highlights
- Mauna loa macadamia nut farm
- Akatsuka orchid farm
- Volcanoes national park
- Mount kilauea
- Volcanic steam vent
- Jaggar museum
- Thurston lava tube
- $800 – Adult & Child 12 and older
- $790 – Senior
- $780 – Child 11 and younger
- Tour the most geologically active volcano on earth which has been continuously erupting since 1983.Tour focus is on the most current areas of the volcanic activity. View lava flows tropical rain forests and cascading waterfalls while learning about the history and culture of Hawaii.
- After the helicopter tour, we will have a tour van ready to take you to the highlights of Hilo for a close-up view.
- Taste and smell the Big Island
- Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Factory for nut tasting, visitors center has self-guided tour of the processing plant and large gift shop with free samples of every flavor variation sold by the company.
- Akatsuka Orchid Nursery, Hilo Is the orchid capital of the world, Akatsuka Orchid Gardens houses over 200 different types of orchids.
- Actual experience and interaction with the most active volcano in the world at the Volcanoes National Park
- Volcanoes National Park – Admission included. Established in 1916, is a United States National Park located in the U.S. State of Hawaii on the island of Hawaii. It encompasses two active volcanoes: Kīlauea, one of the world’s most active volcanoes, and Mauna Loa.
- Mount Kilauea. is a currently active shield volcano in the Hawaiian Islands, and the most active of the five.
- Volcanic Steam Vents. Ground water seeps down to the hot volcanic rocks in this area and returns to the surface as steam. While standing at the Steam Vents, take a good look around. The area between the caldera’s edge and outer cliffs of Kīlauea Caldera is a treeless plain.
- Thomas A. Jaggar Museum. observatory has a worldwide reputation as a leader in the study of active volcanism which is located at the site.
- Thurston Lava Tube – offers amazing 20 minute walk thru the lush jungles and the lava tube.
Important Tour Info & Tips
- 6:30 am pickup from hotels
- 7:30am check in flight
- 9:05am flight to Big Island
- 10:15 am check in for helicopter tour
- 11:00 am helicopter tour starts
- 11:50 am helicopter finish
- 11:50 am meet Dynamic Tour guide in front of information booth by baggage claim D
- 8:01pm flight back to Maui
- Round trip air ticket from Maui to Big Island.
- Transportation to and from the helicopter
- Approximately 45 to 50 minute waterfall and volcano helicopter ride.
- Tour narration by pilots who are State of Hawaii Certified Tour Guides
- Gratuity is recommended
- Lunch (un-hosted)
Things to bring for the tour :
- Passport for non-residents
- Government issued photo ID’s
You should know :
- Tour routes and sights visited may vary according to wind and weather conditions.
- Volcanic activity changes frequently.