The main highlight of this tour is the Red Lava Glow Viewing at the Kilauea Crater. With the sunset on the backdrop, Red Lava Glow starts to appear as the sun light gives away to the dark. This is the best way to see the red lava glow. Even if the red magma flows over the ground it is very difficult to see it with naked eyes.
- Richardson Black sand Beach (frequently visited by turtles)
- Historic Banyan Drive
- Queen Liliuokalani Gardens
- Rainbow Falls State Park
- Mauna Loa Macademia Nut Factory for nut tasting
- Akatsuka Orchid Nursery
- Volcano National Park
- Volcanic Steam Vents.
- Thomas A. Jaggar Museum
- Kilauea Crater. Most active volcano in the world
- Mount Kilauea. Kīlauea is a currently active shield volcano in the Hawaiian Islands
- Kilauea Iki Crater
- Thurston Lava Tube approximately 10 minutes or 1/3 mile walk thru the lush jungle and lava tube
- Red Lava Glow Viewing at the Kilauea Crater
- The best view of the lava glow at sunset
- $419 – Adult
- $409 – Senior
- $399– Child
Experience the Hilo Town and the Sights that it has to offer :
- Richardson Blacksand Beach – is the only beach in the Hilo area with black sand.
- Historic Banyan Drive – Banyan trees bear the names of famous people who planted them. Famous names include President 3. Theodore Roosevelt, Babe Ruth, Richard Nixon to name a few. Still thrive along Banyan Drive, having grown into a thick canopy, makes it popular for walking and driving.
- Queen Liliuokalani Gardens. The park’s site was given by Queen Liliʻuokalani, and lies southeast of downtown Hilo, on the Waiakea Peninsula in Hilo Bay.
- Rainbow Falls State Monument – Known for it’s never ending rainbows. This is an awsome waterfall which you shouldn’t miss.
Taste and Smell the Big Island on the way to the Volcano:
- Mauna Loa Macademia Nut Factory for nut tasting, visitors center has self-guided tour of the processing plant and large gift shop with free samples of every flavour variation sold by the company.
- Akatsuka Orchid Nursery, Hilo Is the orchid capital of the world, Akatsuka Orchid Gardens houses over 200 different types of orchids.
Experience the Volcano Close Up at the Volcanoes National Park :
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park – admission included. Established in 1916, is a United States National Park located in the U.S. State of Hawaii on the island of Hawaii. It encompasses two active volcanoes: Kīlauea, one of the world’s most active volcanoes.
- Thurston Lava Tube approximately 20 minute or 1/3 mile walk thru the lush jungle and the lava tube.
- Volcanic Steam Vents. Ground water seeps down to the hot volcanic rocks in this area and returns to the surface as steam. While standing at the Steam Vents, take a good look around. The area between the caldera’s edge and outer cliffs of Kīlauea Caldera is a treeless plain.
- Thomas A. Jaggar Museum. observatory has a worldwide reputation as a leader in the study of active volcanism which is located at the site.
- Kilauea Iki Crater. The most active volcano in the world.
- Mount Kilauea
- When the magma fills the Halemaumau Crater, you will be treated to a view of red molten lava.
- The Twilight Red Lava Glow Viewing.
More time for picture taking and enjoying on our tour
Making picture taking, swimming or just viewing more enjoyable. By doing the tour backward we avoid the traffic and the crowd. We have more of everything to ourselves.
Important Tour Info & Tips
- Pickup time from Waikiki Hotels : between 8:00am & 8:45am.
- Return to Waikiki hotels between 9:45pm and 10:15pm
Things to Prepare for the tour :
- A small amount of walking is involved
- Warm clothing required, weather at the Volcanoes National Park changes frequently.
- Rain gear is recommended – ponchos can be purchased from sporting store.
- Please prepare necessary items for your trip – your will be on the tour for 12-15 hours
Included in this tour :
- Round trip airfare to the Big Island
- Pickup time from Waikiki Hotels
- Experienced Local Tour Guides
- Volcano National Park Admission
- Bottled water and snacks
- Return Transporation to Waikiki Hotels
Please call (808)922-7123 1 day prior by 3:00pm to get updated pickup times.
Frequent restroom stops
- We know the importance of restrooms stops
- Tour guides are trained to make frequent restroom stops
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Lunch (un-hosted)